Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What If

I am fully aware of the jaundiced eye that is cast upon my physical and material circumstances by a world that measures all by standards and systems abandoned by me. In considering how I might clarify my rationale for life choices that I have elected, and with an appreciation for the unique and sacred opportunities that Life has afforded me because of my choices to date… I have this to offer:

What If

What if it has always been about you? Would I have ever opted to have any of it different?

Would I have ever wanted less pain… knowing that the lessons learned through that pain would, today, been unavailable to the lessening of your discomfort?

Would I have chosen to have the cloak of doubt lifted from my shoulders in the understanding that I would be passing it onward to be borne by you?

Had it been possible for my seasons of fear and apprehension to have been dissipated with the understanding that you would, today, be caught in their rip-tide… might I have elected that option?

Knowing that this earth’s benefit would never be counted to me for all of the effort and expense of educating myself… would I have contemplated discarding that illumination with the understanding that to do so would create an impediment to your growth today?

Is it conceivable that I would have ever knowingly spared myself any of my life’s trials, losses, inconveniences, torments, or misgivings... in the knowledge that some potential benefit, gleaned from those experiences, and available to you now, would be denied you had I so spared myself?

Without hesitation, I resoundingly and emphatically declare in response to all the foregoing “No… never!” For, you see, “No greater love hath any man, than that he lay down his life for… You.”

Thus, I remain, Your faithful and devoted Friend and willing Servant,
John-Michael/ 18 July 2006

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.