Monday, February 22, 2010

Breakfast

Mom and I shared a Pizza, last Saturday night, as we enjoyed the Winter Olympics together. She lives less than 10 minutes from Dav and Heather's home in Land-O-Lakes (14 miles North of my cottage.) Thanks to the lovely generosity of D&H, I have the use of their sweet little Honda Civic whilst I am Home/Pet sitting for them. Hence the nightly visits with Mom over the past 4 nights.

"So," you may ask, "what has any of this to do with 'Breakfast'?" Well, my Dear Friend, here 'tis. Let your mind conjure an image of a skillet warming on the stove at 'medium-high' heat ... a nice splash of extra-virgin olive oil and a pat of unsalted butter getting to know each other, on an intimate basis, therein ... the toppings (Italian sausage, pepperoni, onion, mushroom, tomato sauce, cheeses, and peppers) from a slice of the aforementioned pizza scraped from their pizza crust ... into the now-sizzling pan ... and 2 lovely eggs broken over the entirety.

All, of this, heating, blending, and emitting aromas that would enchant the Angels on high ... whilst the eggs cook to a nice soft-scramble. Then, from the toaster-oven, the now-crispy pizza crust is placed on a plate and has its topping-companions reintroduced to it. Taa-Daa! Breakfast. [happy grin]

PS: How is this for a View? (from D&H's back yard ... over which I look as I enjoy Breakfast on the patio shown in earlier photos.) Ahhhh!




I bid You, My Darling Reader, the very best of days ('cause I am thinking about how much I love You ... Yes I Am!)

9 comments:

Suldog said...

I have to say I love the view, but not the breakfast. I'm not an eggs with cheese sort of guy. Inventive, though :-)

John-Michael said...

Herman (D&H's pit bull [a REAL baby]) was in complete harmony with the Breakfast selection. His face and doleful eyes were right in front of me the whole time that I prepared and ate the concoction. Reminded me of the Canadian saying, "A real Dog's Breakfast." [grin]

Lovin' Ya Jim, my grand SulDog Friend ...

Suza said...

You caught me at a ravenous moment. This sounds SO good. Nice when we can introduce new flavours to each other. Have you thought of a name for your new concoction? pizzeggs? eggsza? How about "darn nummy."

And the view? Ahhhhh... I am just sitting back and relaxing while taking it all in.

Loving You!!

lime said...

dang, your use of pizza for a breakfast sure is tastier sounding than cold straight from the fridge!

John-Michael said...

Delighted to share the Good Stuff (taste treats AND images) with You, my Darling Suza.

Lovingly ...

John-Michael said...

I do enjoy the melding of flavors and aromas in anticipation of a meal. Glad that You, Dearest Lime, joined me. [smile]

Lovingly ...

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy JM sounds soooooooooooo good. Did you save me any? I love my Honda Civic, its such pure pleasure to drive :)

John-Michael said...

Once again, my Sweet Anonymous Friend, You have blessed me with a warm smile within, and without, as well. You do, indeed, grace my life with lovely gifts of tender kindness. I thank you for that.

Lovingly ...

Nishant said...

i enjoyed thanks
data entry india

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.