Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Let's Get Together"

“Let’s get together,” you usually say (the “you” used here is a general and plural form including several who are encompassed in the radius of the sphere of my affection.)

“I would enjoy that” is my customary response which is, most often, countered, by you, with a “Give me a call sometime and we’ll arrange it.” We then disconnect our telephone link with the unspoken understanding that I did "give you a call"… just now… and your plate of life’s demands and elections is too full to allow you to "arrange it" now, or initiate a call to me in the future.

This is quite OK. I am, after all, the one intruding into your activity agenda in response to my spontaneous “inner voice" and I live in the knowledge that Life’s purpose was satisfied by my willingness to reach out. This is my personal calling… my ministry… my purpose… my satisfaction and joy… my role in our relationship… this reaching out. And the reaching out is something that I can do to reassure us both that our friendship is alive and well.

I know that the moment just shared by us was a gift to us both and I enjoyed the gift. The love that we share makes it so.

So, Dear Friend, ‘til next time, “Adieu”
John-Michael/19 January 2002


Posted by Picasa IMAGE: Andrew Barr, BBC

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.