Friday, June 30, 2006

Tea Time

I am taking liberties with the traditions of “tea time.” I am indulging myself in a tall mug (yes… I know, “How crass”) of Chai (a blend of black teas, , nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clove, cardamom, rum, and gingerbread.) To which I have added a touch of honey, and a dollop of ‘Friend’ Courvoisier.

Here, on the threshold of a holiday weekend (4th of July [independence declaration 1776... For my Friends not acquainted with USA tradition]), I opted to set aside the work that I had intended for today (just too ‘bombastic’ for my present mood) and allow my feelings to take charge.

So, Dear Reader, I invite you to join me in a moment of quietude and simple bliss as we share a work by Robert Browning. Enjoy… please.

Summum Bonum
Robert Browning
(Born 7 May 1812; died 12 December 1889)

All the breath and the bloom of the year
in the bag of one bee:

All the wonder and wealth of the mine
in the heart of one gem:

In the core of one pearl all the shade
and the shine of the sea:



Breath and bloom, shade and shine,…
wonder,
wealth, and… how far above them…

Truth, that’s brighter than the gem,
Trust, that’s purer than pearl,…

Brightest truth, purest trust in the universe…
all were for me…

In the kiss of one girl.



With my heart and care to you, Dear Reader, “Cheer”
Your constant Friend and Servant, John-Michael


Posted by PicasaIMAGES: Bee: Ian Britton, FreeFoto.com, Gem: Public Domain

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.