Sunday, August 06, 2006

Loving You

I love you because I have consciously willed myself to succumb to my innate inclination to love you.

I could have denied myself this love with the implementation of any of a myriad of mechanisms including reason, logic, sensibility, rationale, normalcies, and standards.

Yet, I have opted to cast my lot with the leading of love.

Love alone... without reinforcement, endorsement, or license… in and of itself only.



I cannot describe this love to the world about me for it is governed, in its perceptions and understandings, by the constraints of all of the aforementioned mechanisms;

rendering it deaf to the music that I dance to;

blind to the beauty that surrounds me;

and incapable of feeling the stimulation of all that energizes me.


So today I live in the ‘otherworldliness’ of this all-transcending experience that is my love for you…

for you are my world (not geography nor physical structures)…

you are my life (not titles, organizations, roles, nor labels.)

You are Life’s gift to me…

and I am, of all men, most blessed.


Dear Reader,
Lest you wonder, in reading the preceding text, the identity of the subject of the writing… please allow me to clarify. The subject is, in all likelihood, you. For, my dear friend, this love expressed is not confined by boundaries of geography, availability, physical interaction or even familiarity of usual description. It has been my pleasure to learn through exercise of my willingness, that love for you is available for the simple acceptance of it. ; I can, therefore, at this moment, know genuine, unbounded, and conditionless love for you as a gift from Life. I bid you “Welcome” to this experience.




Posted by Picasa IMAGES through the gracious courtesy of Ian Britton, FreeFoto.com

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.