Sunday, May 28, 2006

My Desire

When asked, recently, how I would express my heart’s desires to the Person who I thought had the potential to be “That Special Someone” in my life. I gave it thought… and, to Her, I would say this:

I desire…

to read poetry to you and watch your eyelids float to your cheeks in serene rest…

to listen to your breath and sense your peaceful comfort in my presence…

to awaken you with kisses lingering at every line, curve, shadow, and highlight of you from the soles of your feet to the crown of your head…

to greet each new day with the awareness that it is to be another together… you and I…

to listen to my spirit, in a moment of solitude, as it communes with your spirit… wherever you are…

to walk through Life’s gallery applauding, celebrating, and reveling in the beauty of all of Creation… knowing that Life’s masterwork is forever in the chamber of my heart…

to look heavenward and say, oft and joyously, “Thank You!”… at the thought of you…

You to know in every fibre of your existence; in your now and in your forever, that we are One in eternal intimacy.

This is what I desire.


Posted by Picasa IMAGE:Through the gracious courtesy of Ian Britton,FreeFoto.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for putting in words your thoughts..and mine...same temperament :-)

John-Michael said...

Ahhh... We have another Idealist Romantic. I am glad that I could give "voice" to your sgared spirit. Thank you for letting me know.

John-Michael said...

Oops!... Let's make that "shared spirit."

Anonymous said...

As I was reading these lines, I realised that there was this very BIG smile on my face and I thought "Yes, this is what I desire also..."
Thank you :)

John-Michael said...

Thank you, Dear Friend, for your validation of my effort. Your encouragement is sincerely appreciated.

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.