Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Envelop Me

I received a note from a very kind and caring Friend who knows my penchant for language. Hence, she is aware enough of my inclinations, to know that I would be quite distraught in discovering that I had published something with an incorrect form, of a word usage, as a part of a posted bit. So, I send my sincere "Thank you!" to that generous Friend who pointed out my usage of "Envelope" instead of the intended (and quite correct) "Envelop." And (after correcting the 04 April post), I offer this corrected piece.



Envelop Me

I listen, in silence, as your body entreats …
Every part of you speaks out … each whispers its request.
My face hears, through the sweet fragrance of your hair,
“This is where I must be … Envelop me.”

Nestled ‘gainst my chest, your shoulders make clear,
Your wish for a place of unassuming welcome … a refuge.
Your hands guide mine to cup you in insulating warmth.
As I hear “Within these arms I yearn to be … Envelop me.”

Racing through each day … from Requirement to Demand,
In these early dawning hours your legs seek retreat.
And summon mine to cocoon them in firm, gentle repose.
Your contented sigh confirming … “Envelop me.”

Independent and strong, you’re a Force through each day.
But in these still, silent moments I covet hearing you affirm …
“Here, together, secure happiness is mine.
Wrapped in your love, I wish most to be … Envelop me.”

As One we breathe … ensconced in serene harmony.
Unspoken, yet clearly understood, our bodies confide,
Messages and affirmations that will endure the madness of day.
I gladly embrace your gentle command, “For all eternity …
Envelop me.”


John-Michael

04 April 2008


14 comments:

Joni said...

nouns and verbs, verbs and nouns...no meaning compromised by that little "e"

this is such a beautiful piece...truly.

John-Michael said...

You gladden my Heart with your sweet kindness, My Dear Joni. In rereading this piece, I was taken back to that moment of open awareness and sensitized abandon that allowed me to write it. It is far too infrequent that I enjoy such singular moments. Thus, I could not hold back from posting it again.

Your Presence is unfailing in its power to create just such moments for my Spirit. I love that about our sacred Friendship.

lime said...

the heart's cry....

aims said...

I still love this piece almost a year later.

And - loved the teapot and the green grass of home.

Just back and busy you know - or should I say - tired. But - thinking of you as you know!

Suza said...

Oh, to be enveloped like this under love’s gentle wing. Cherished, honoured, adored, beloved. Sigh...

Suldog said...

I'm sure I said something similar when this originally posted (misspellings and all) but this is startlingly, achingly beautiful. Tremendous.

John-Michael said...

If only we could quiet the distracting and confusing cacophony of life's noises ... and allow ourselves to hear the cry of one anothers' heart ... we would find such a rich reward! I hear what you are saying, My Dear Lime.

Lovingly ...

John-Michael said...

How consummately sweet and pleasant is this place of exchange of tendernesses and joys. Your Presence is a font of endless sustenance fr my Soul, Darling Aims.

I lovingly welcome you back ...

John-Michael said...

As I walked under the sheltering reach of the live oak trees; lingered under Herman's pleasant shade; listened to the sonnet sung by a chorus of various winged friends; drank in the serene beauty of the lake; I knew Life's enveloping embrace. And, again today, I knew, My Dear Suza, peaceful and reassuring Love.

Lovingly ...

John-Michael said...

As I read your encouraging and generous words, My Dear SulDog Friend ... I smile at the recollection of the image of You and YOUR WIFE, next to each other on yesterday's post, and I delight in my awareness that You are blessed with fulfillment of all that I have tried to express. And I am filled with joy for You, Jim, in that awareness.

Lovingly ...

SandraRee said...

I'll have to borrow Suldog's words, "startlingly, achingly beautiful" And Lime's, "the heart's cry" What a way with words you have sweet friend. Loving you...

Annette said...

what beautiful words to be read! I don't care if you used a word in a wrong manner, it's a lovely piece to to read and take in with all it's beauty!!
Hugs
Annette

John-Michael said...

I am grateful to Life for the stilling of my Self... and the whispering of My Sweet Muse's voice. It is in isolated moments that I am thrilled with an Awareness that I am compelled to frantically describe and illustrate, while it is fresh and alive in my consciousness.

To have my effort rewarded with your appreciation and to believe that I have touched a chord of something that resonates within you, My Precious Sandra, is a rich blessing indeed! Thank you, Dear One, for telling me so.

Lovingly ...

John-Michael said...

I was so caught up in the emotion of 'the moment,' Dear Annette, that I couldn't remove myself to the place that would allow objective scrutiny of the text. Fortunately, a Friend was willing to point out what I didn't see. And even more fortunately, You like it! Thank You!

Lovingly ...

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.