Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Five Minute, Fifteen Second, Respite

I ask that you give consideration, to allowing your Self ... a 5 minute, 15 second respite. A moment "away from it all." I invite you to permit your Spirit to bask in this Gift, that I received from a Dear Friend. My Soul's response is something that I desire for You, My Dear Reader and Friend.



(I received this translation of the aria, with the link to the presentation.)


Song to the Moon


O moon high up in the deep, deep sky,

Your light sees far away regions,

You travel round the wide,

Wide world peering into human dwellings



O, moon, stand still for a moment,

Tell me, ah, tell me where is my lover!

Tell him, please, silvery moon in the sky,

That I am hugging him firmly,

That he should for at least a while

Remember his dreams!

Light up his far away place,

Tell him, ah, tell him who is here waiting!

If he is dreaming about me,

May this remembrance waken him!

O, moon, don't disappear, disappear!



From Rusalka, by Antonín Dvořák




"Thank you Suza!"


2 comments:

lime said...

ah, how much poetry and how many songs has the moon inspired?

thanks for sharing.

John-Michael said...

My pleasure, indeed, Dear Lime.

Lovingly ...

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.