Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Falling Leaves

While I glory in the infusion of all that the leaves of experience bring to this tree that is my earthly span of life… I also recognize the time for each experiential leaf to give way to that season of my life that spells its termination.

I have learned (through countless repetitions of the attempt) not to try to hang on to those leaves… but to celebrate their contribution to my pilgrimage by applauding the festive colours of their departure.







I gratefully offer my thanks to Life for the enhancements that each experiential leaf has brought to my development and accept the continued nourishment of my growth that inevitably comes from the slow composting of each leaf’s passing at the foundation of my Being.

For I recognize that from the midst of all that passes away…


there is the always fresh beauty of what is new and filled with promise.

Yes, My Dear Reader, Life does offer a lesson for our living of each and every element of our daily walk…

if we will but slow ourselves and invest the time... and focus on the marvels that surround us.

To that end, and for your benefit, bourne of my love of and care for you, I remain, as always, Your faithfully reminding Friend and Servant.



IMAGE (Child in leaves): Ian Scott/ BBC
IMAGES (all others): Ian Britton, FreeFoto.com

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.