Thursday, November 23, 2006

Someone, not Anyone

“So, why do you want to be alone on this holiday?” I was asked. “Oh no… I do not want to be alone. I want very much to be with Someone. And if I was with Anyone, it would be a reminder that I am not with Someone.” I answered.

Now, as I reflect on that brief exchange, I consider that You too may want to be with Someone at this moment. But circumstance and the fruits of previous life choices have conspired to leave you alone... with a disinclination to be with Anyone. So, I write to let You know that you are not alone in your moment.

2 comments:

Sharon Schoepe said...

"The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities,
But to know someone who thinks and feels with us,And who, though distant, is close to us in spirit,
This makes the earth for us, an inhabited garden." Goethe

John-Michael said...

This Goethe fellow has it right!

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.