Monday, November 27, 2006

Life's Gift of Friendship

There can be no greater blessing in life than that of friends. I am so blessed! And, today, I have enjoyed the treat of sharing in the exchange of intimacies with two of my friends… which inspires me to share something of them with you, My Dear Reader. For, you see, I would that you be equally blessed in your life. So, please share, with me, in the joyful spirit of today’s contact with Friends.

First… I received a phone call from D, who called to let me know that he had forwarded some photos taken during a visit to Tampa’s zoo.

The love between D and his wife H is so exciting and refreshing that I can not confine its beauty to my own enjoyment… so I share it (in the form of two of their photos)… and the marvelous serenity and joy that is consistently Them.


Then, as I accessed the webb to look at the photos, I was delighted to see that I had a message from M.B. The gift of her sensitive and caring spirit is reflected in this excerpt from that message (which she stipulated was sent as “inspiration for your blog.”) In fact and truth… M.B. is inspiration for my blog! I give you that excerpted message.

I was visiting in southern Kentucky and discovered that a lady I had known as a child was in a local nursing home. She has had polio’s effects as long as I had known her (which would make her in her 70's now.) I found her in good spirits, gnarled up in her little bed. When I told her who I was she made an immediate connection and informed me that she had one of my CD's and had enjoyed my music. We talked for some time, as difficult as it was for her, before I realized she had a typewriter. when I asked if she types letters, she smilingly replied, "No, I write for the newspaper."

There! Isn’t the Creator of all that is this Life the very best of Givers of Gifts?! I bid you, Dear Friend, a most peacefully serene of moments… right now.

2 comments:

Sharon Schoepe said...

Friends are a wonderful blessing. I am very blessed that you are such a dear friend of mine. I love you and the joy you bring to my life.

John-Michael said...

The circle of my friends has woven a blanket that gives me comfort and serenity through some of life's bitter winds... I am happy that we are woven together by the Master Weaver.

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.