Thursday, June 22, 2006

Our Memory Treasury

Fat Jacque’s “Cajun Café”

Having returned to my sanctuary of silence,
I seek the renewed nurturing of the womb…
Encompassing me with security, warmth and safety…
And free from all of the threats, dangers, and fears outside.

Such is my weekly visit to my special place.
The surroundings caress me with natural peacefulness.
The staff are genial in a genuine and caring way.
The music playing seems tuned to my soul.
And my favorite spot is there… awaiting me.

Blessed respite from life… needed ‘time out’ called mid-game…
Fat Jacque’s… I’m back!


JohnMichael/19 October 1989

Unfortunately, this sacred hideaway is no longer in business. But I saved this reflection for the single purpose of retreat. I, occasionally, allow myself an immersion in the sensations enjoyed there through reading this. That is the wonder and miracle of memories.

I hope that I have “triggered” some favorite memory of yours with the sharing of mine. If so, you and I are sharing in an intimate “spirit moment” right now. Perhaps we can ease ourselves out into our respective worlds… and create a new deposit for our memory treasury. I will tell you mine if you will tell me yours.


Posted by Picasa IMAGE: Peter Hilton, Hilton Harbour, hilton.org.uk

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.