Sunday, April 16, 2006

I Love You

  Posted by Picasa

Yes… ‘Tis true.

Immediately your inner reflex is to say “but you don’t know me” or perhaps (as is true in many of the instances applicable to the majority of those to whom I am sending this note) “we have never even met… it is not possible for you to love me.”

Oh, My Dear Friend, I do love you because I choose to love you. I love you because to do so is the inclination of spirit that I have opted for in my living of life. I love you because you and I have been introduced… our paths have intersected… our spirits have bumped into each other in accordance with the direction of the Power that orchestrates all of the universes both known and unknown. This is the eternal and immutable fact that I am as certain of as I am of the blink of my eye as I type these words in this moment.

You may be one of those to whom I have been sending messages for a while and have never heard a response… or heard from once or twice when your spirit was touched by a particular note of harmony with my thoughts. Or, you could be one of those with whom I have an intimate and constant contact and am involved with every element of life. It matters not what circumstance surrounds our knowledge of each other. What is of imminent importance is the reality that Life has blessed us with each other. And with that awareness… with that gift… with that singular window of opportunity comes the chance for the exercise of will. My choice is to will myself to embrace you, without reservation, and give, to you, the election of your own response… free from expectation, requirement, anticipation, or even, in many instances, knowledge of who you are. Yours is the opportunity to know something that you may be completely unfamiliar with (for I know that I have no model, in my experience, to follow). You can enjoy the availability of a friend for whom you have nothing to offer beyond … simply your friendship… and only as much, or as little of that as you wish. And, better yet, this gift to you is not even contingent upon your friendship offered in return… it is a gift without strings… no requirement for any reciprocation or even acknowledgement. This is my choice for my heart. This is what I give myself… my very soul… license to do with every opportunity offered by Life. It is my desire to make every effort possible to give away every bit of love that I am capable of mustering. My delightful experience in this quest is that there is an exponential multiplying of my capacities to love with the exercising of the option. (How cool is that?)

Mind you, I am not talking about a ‘socially correct’ kind of ‘community caring.’ I know that the fulfillment of my yearning… the satisfaction of my desire… the attainment of my goal… is only possible if the love is genuinely for you… the individual person that is the entirety of you. And, while this is a concept completely foreign to and perhaps unacceptable to the world about me… I am convinced that the days that are mine on this globe are granted to me for the purpose of planting, nurturing, and encouraging seeds of genuine love in the hearts, minds, and imaginations of every life brought my way.

So, My Very Dear Friend, perhaps now you have a little better idea of why I continue to communicate with you… why I smile when I see your name in my e-mail address book… why I express feelings, thoughts, and impressions that seem, at times, to be a bit apart from what you feel is the ‘norm.’ Loving each other is, sadly, not our world’s norm… but it is the norm for the One who created us… and I enjoy, thoroughly, communicating that eternal norm, that overriding and all-encompassing norm that will outlast all of the strife, doubt, anger, bitterness, mistrust… every fruit of love’s antithesis conceivable.

There you have it… now another piece of that puzzle in your mind is provided. I am grateful for and thank you for this opportunity to share my view of this life that we share… together. My sincere desire is for the genuine intent and commitment of my spirit to be known to you… at this moment of your reading… for, don’t you know… I Love You.

I remain, as always, Your faithful Friend and willing Servant,
John-Michael/ 29 April 2005

(IMAGE Through the gracious courtesy of Ian Britton, FreeFoto.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I got it. A gift that is there for each and everyone of us that is silent and listens from within and are sincere in our giving of ourselves without expectations but out of love.
I embrace you with a very tender heart. Thanks again!

John-Michael said...

And I welcome you to this new "slant" on this "love thing." Your embrace is heartily shared and appreciated.

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.