Saturday, April 01, 2006

Transparency

The Transparent Butterfly

I was , recently, given the gift of a group of photographs of a butterfly. “Not so remarkable.” you might say. But my, oh my, you would be so very wrong My Friend. For, you see, this particular butterfly is devoid of any colorful markings. No spectacular hues adorn its wings atall. For this creature is blessed with transparent wings. That’s right! His (or her… as the case may well be) wings are outlined with the barest of borders giving just a brief splash of decoration in the form of a small white feathery-looking mark against a brown background that forms the exterior edge of each wing. Just enough to remind one of the intricacy of Life’s design capabilities while not detracting from the lace-like frame-work supporting the entirety of the wing. Thusly, this creature highlights the beauty of every surface upon which it settles (including the fingertip holding it in one of the photos.) None of the vibrant colors of the garden in which this marvel of nature travels is obscured by its presence… only highlighted. And that Voice within me speaks in response.
“This is you… in your world.” And I am immediately and clearly mindful of the significance of the message illustrated by the butterfly. For this is, indeed, my place in my world. To go about seeing to the needs of the blossoms and blooms in this, my personal corner of Life’s garden. And to do so as I am placed and impressed to do and in the order and method appropriate to each set of particular requirements for that individual’s healthy development and growth. All the while to maintain a transparency that permit’s the showing forth of each Creation’s glory and excellence by maintaining personal obscurity. To those who do take a passing notice of me, it is my place to present only a sufficient framework of evident design necessary to reinforce the understanding of the perfect symmetry and form of Life’s constant control and timing. Mine is not to be the resplendent bouquet of the totality of the garden… but to transparently see to my minuscule contribution for the betterment of those with whom I have occasion to make contact. And how I do savour my role!
Yes… all of this from the image of a butterfly. Remember, My Dear Friend, that there is a wealth of insight to all who will simply “Be still and know…”

I remain, as always, your faithful Friend and Servant,
John-Michael/ 28 March 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very true...

John-Michael said...

Thank you, E, for recalling this thought to my awareness.

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.