Monday, March 31, 2008

"Walking Through"

Today I am sharing an article from DailyOM. This message is communicated so beautifully that I could not hesitate to pass it along. Therefore, it is with credit to DailyOM and my thanks to S.A. for sharing it with me, that I offer,for your consideration, the truths contained herein.


When a door opens, walk through it. Trust that the door has opened for a reason and you have been guided to it. Sometimes we have a tendency to over-analyze or agonize over the decision, but it is quicker to simply go through the door and discover what's there as that's the only way to know. Even if it doesn't seem right at first, opening this door may lead to another door that will take us where we need to go.

Doors open when the time is right for us to enter a new space, metaphorically speaking, and we can have faith that walking through is the right thing to do. Sometimes we linger in the threshold because we are afraid of leaving our old life for a life we know nothing about. We may have voices inside of our heads that try to hold us back or people in our lives saying discouraging things. These voices, internal and external, are known as threshold spirits, and they express all the fears and doubts that arise at the beginning of a new life. Nevertheless, none of these voices can hold us back, and they will fall silent as soon as we cross the threshold.

There are many doors that open in the course of our lives, leading us into new relationships, jobs, friendships, and creative inspirations. Our lives up to this point are the result of all the doors we have walked through, and our continued growth depends on our willingness to keep moving into new spaces. Every time we walk through an open door, we create a sense memory that encourages us to move into the new fearlessly. When we enter the new space, we almost always feel a thrill and a new feeling of confidence, in ourselves and in the universe. We have stepped across the threshold into a new life.

Remember, My Dear Reader, the message of the 5th and 6th verses of the 3rd chapter of the book of Proverbs...(I paraphrase) "Trust in the Almighty without reservation, and do not depend on your own abilities to understand. In all of your ways, acknowledge the supremacy of The One who created you, and your paths will be directed... your doors opened." As you so often hear me say... "Listen to and trust that still, small, quiet inner voice that carries Life's messages to your awareness." I bid you a day of welcoming thresholds.


IMAGES through the gracious courtesy of Ian Britton, FreeFoto.com

12 comments:

Cath said...

Trust and faith. That is what it is all about. Then the right doors open.

Great post again. You always choose such great photos too.

I just realised there's another post before this I haven't read yet! Boy I've been busy today tweaking my blog and posting!
I seem to have lost the knack of doing 10 things at once! How strange for me! Maybe I'm learning to relax a bit... (smile)
Love sent your way JDM to carry you through your day. :0)

Jules~ said...

How guilty I am at times of over analyzing. At a meeting last night, we were just talking about that very thing that we adults tend to do in abundance. One in attendance summed it up by calling it 'analysis paralysis'.

How relieved I am, when I have been going in circles with the thoughts that bog me down, questioning if doors are real, then I hear that soft and assuring voice say 'listen to me'. I often think about the passage in 1 Kings 19. Elijah was waiting for God to show him the open door. There was crashing wind, then earthquake, then fire and God was in none of these. He WAS in the soft breeze.
God is not the chaos. He is the soft and strong assurance that holds us up and guides us thru the door.

John-Michael said...

And your Love embraced and cherished, Dear Cath-Daughter.

With my Heart's fondest Love to You.

John-Michael said...

My Darling, most precious, Jules~, a considerable part of my motivation in life, is in my encouragement of others to become acquainted with ... and then develop a trust and confidence in ... their own, intimate, and personal 'Inner Voice' (oft referred to, by me, as my Muse.)

Anyone's willingness to develop a Joy in utilizing this priceless gift from Life, is certain to enrich their living.

I am grateful for your sharing of your lovely Voice ... as I continue to enjoy loving You.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

And sometimes.. we have to remember to use our hands to open the door instead of just waiting for the door to open. This is a great post!

Anonymous said...

Life is full of doors, yet we must not forget the memories which the closed doors hold behind.

Crystal xx

John-Michael said...

We are not simply "along for the ride" are we, my dear Friend, Beth? Accepting, and enjoying the fact that we are offered those doors because we are the totality of who we bring to that door, is so crucial to our being able to enjoy the experience beyond.

(got all those stalls mucked out?)

Thinking about ya and lovin' Who-You-Are ...

John-Michael said...

Let's leave a "welcome" mat outside those doors with the good stuff behind them. OK?

I like your mind, Sweet Crystal! And I love YOU!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Yes, stalls ARE mucked out! :-D

My mother was very ill years ago and when we recently talked about those days something she said struck me... and I am paraphrasing here:

"Beth, I realized 100's of people were praying for me... but I suddenly realized that while I had Faith, I had not prayed for myself..."

And my husband has a favorite saying which goes like this: "Everyday I wake up, I am unemployed until I get to work."

I love pondering these kinds of "things" especially while mucking stalls or working my horses here on the farm.

I really love your blog. I love to think, agree, and disagree with you while reading what you write! May your day be great and many doors get opened!

John-Michael said...

Though we enjoy but a tiny little 'window' through which to 'know' each other ... The You that I have so quickly come to appreciate, and, in fact love, breathes Life into me through the Person revealed in those tiny glimpses of You, Beth.

I am genuinely grateful for your willingness to share the wonder, and life, of your Self. I do, indeed, love You.

Kissing of the Frogs said...

John-Michael,
Yes indeed let us walk through the open doors and remember don't close them once you've walked through...:)
Hugs,
Rose

John-Michael said...

We are in complete agrement, Darling Rose. Why don't we make a pact to always sweep clean the Way, and place a mat of "welcome" behind as we pass through each of Life's doors of opportunity and blessings in waiting. I like that idea!

And, I love YOU!

Creative Commons License
Unless expressly stated, all original material, of whatever nature, created by J. Michael Brown (John-Michael) and included in this weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.